Alan Greenspan, Bonnie Faulkner, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Gerald Ford, Guns and Butter, Henry Kissinger, invisible government, KPFA, Pacifica Radio Network, Webster Tarpley
LUMPENPROLETARIAT—On today’s episode of free speech radio’s Guns and Butter, host Bonnie Faulkner broadcast an interview she conducted with historian and author Dr. Webster Tarpley. They discussed the Gerald Ford presidency and its role in facilitating what he and others refer to as an “invisible government”, which has adversely influenced state policies. Listen (or download) here. 
[Working draft transcript of actual radio broadcast by Messina for Lumpenproletariat and Guns and Butter]
GUNS AND BUTTER—[4 MAY 2016] “This is Guns and Butter. [theme music plays]
WEBSTER TARPLEY: “Ford, essentially, sponsors the careers of so many of the principal operatives of this invisible government down to our own times. Look at the names we just mentioned. Cheney is the White House Chief of Staff. Rumsfeld is the Secretary of Defense. Alan Greenspan, who has run the economics side of US life for 15 years or so, until just a few months ago, is at the Council of Economic Advisors. George Bush is in there. [Paul] Bremer, who destroyed Iraq, is on Kissinger’s staff. And you can make a very long list, the main heavies of the invisible government, that we’re plagued with until the present time, get their moment, their big chance to make their career leap under Gerald R. Ford.”
BONNIE FAULKNER: “I’m Bonnie Faulkner. Today on Guns and Butter: Webster Tarpley. Today’s show: The Ford Presidency.
“Webster Tarpley is an author, historian, investigative historian, and lecturer. In 1992, he co-authored George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography, which still stands as the only comprehensive and critical account of the former president and his family network. Posted for free on the internet since October 1996 at www.tarpley.net. This study has become an underground classic. Tarpley is also author of 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made In the USA; Surviving the Cataclysm, a study of the world financial crisis; and Against Oligarchy, a collection of essays and speeches from the years 1970 to 1996.
“Webster Tarpley, welcome.”
WEBSTER TARPLEY: “Thank you very much. It’s good to be here.”
BONNIE FAULKNER: “—”
WEBSTER TARPLEY: “Happy new year.”
BONNIE FAULKNER: “[laughs] Good to have you, Webster. Happy new year to you. [SNIP]
[SNIP] (c. 59:59)
Learn more at GUNS AND BUTTER.
[This transcript will be expanded as time constraints, and/or demand or resources, allow.]
 Terrestrial hour-long radio transmission, 94.1 FM (KPFA, Berkeley, CA) with online simulcast and digital archiving: Guns and Butter, this episode hosted by Bonnie Faulkner, Wednesday, 4 MAY 2016, 13:00 PDT.
This episode is a re-run, which was previously broadcast on free speech radio’s Guns and Butter on Wednesday, 1 JAN 2014 and, apparently, also on 1 JAN 2007.
READ MORE Guns and Butter BROADCASTS:
- “Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and The Forgotten History by Dr. Suzanne Humphries and Roman Bystrianik“ (Guns and Butter, 27 APR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Dr. Suzanne Humphries: Challenging Conventional Thinking About Vaccination” (Guns and Butter, 20 APR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Dr. Suzanne Humphries: Honesty Versus Policy, Vaccines and the Medical System” (Guns and Butter, 13 APR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Killing the Host: How Financial Parasites and Debt Destroy the Global Economy by Dr. Michael Hudson (UMKC)” (Guns and Butter, 6 APR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Dr. Michel Chossudovsky: State Terrorism, Franco-American Style” (16 MAR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Christopher Bollyn On 9/11 & Architects of Terror ” (Guns and Butter, 9 MAR 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “James Corbett: How Big Oil Conquered the World” (Guns and Butter, 6 JAN 2016), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Barbara Honegger On Women’s Reproductive Rights: Forced Pregnancy Is Forced Labour, Or Biological Slavery” (Guns and Butter, 2 DEC 2015), Lumpenproletariat.
- “Historical Archives: Police State America With Constitutional Attorney John W. Whitehead” (Guns and Butter, 11 MAR 2015), Lumpenproletariat.
[8 MAY 2016]
[Last modified 23:14 PDT 8 MAY 2016]